Tuesday 8 January 2008

The One and Only Madonna is...
Diva Eve!

Whenever the tabloids publish mugshots of wannabes that have been plucked from obscurity, about to be thrust into the fickle spotlight of fame by appearing on the latest reality TV show, I always scan the profiles to see if I know any of them. I never expect to, I'm sure that I'd know if a friend of mine was locked up in a hotel somewhere, being prepared for their fifteen minutes of media frenzy. But I still check, I think we all do.
On Saturday, 5 January, The One and Only, the BBC's search for a tribute act to spend three months performing in Las Vegas began with the pre-recorded auditions that will see 12 successful impersonators battle it out every Saturday night in a live X-Factor style show.
Evelyne Brink, friend and Madonna tribute act had warned me she would make her television debut in 2008. She'd emailed me that Saturday afternoon to say that she was appearing on The One and Only. And she'd even hinted that she was staying in a hotel. But still it didn't register that she'd won her audition and soon, I'd be cheering on someone I know as she swims with sharks in the reality TV fishbowl. Evelyne (Diva Eve as she's better known) will win a lot of fans by competing on the BBC 1 talent show. Her feisty confidence mixed with raw talent and a great voice should see her emerge as a strong contender for the main prize. Good luck to you Diva Eve, the UK is watching and we'll be voting for you!
Check out Evelyne's performances as Madonna

No comments: