Wednesday 18 February 2009

A few days in the Algarve leads to award-winning article

At a dinner held at the Portuguese Embassy in London last night, the Association of Travel Organisers to Portugal hosted its fourth media awards. The awards, nominated by ATOP and representatives from the Portuguese National Tourist Office, recognised the work of the media in the promotion of Portugal throughout 2008.

I was nominated in the category Best Travel Trade Article along with TTG magazine and ABTA magazine. Other categories included Best Newspaper Article, Best Consumer Article and Travel Writer of the Year.

I’m delighted to announce that I won my first journalism accolade since turning freelance. The article entitled, ‘Coastal Splendour’ appeared in Luxury Travel magazine last April after I’d spent a few days touring the Algarve’s five-star properties and luxury spas.

The result was completely unexpected and a real surprise. The awards organisers did a really good job in hiding all indication that my nomination had been successful whilst hosting an enjoyable dinner in sumptuous surroundings. I’d therefore like to use my blog to thank everyone involved in the nomination and judging process and to show my appreciation for the trophy and prize hamper full of Portuguese food and alcohol. Result!

No comments: