Monday 12 January 2009

Pizza with Mad-on-a-Brink

One of my many resolutions for 2009 is to continue meeting interesting, creative and inspirational people. After all, that's what has largely kept me ambitious and focused throughout my journalistic career and it sure makes the world a more intriguing place in which to hang out.

I got off to a good start at the weekend at a pizza party hosted by Evelyne Brink. Regular readers of this blog will remember Evelyne as the Madonna impersonator who had a short-lived starring role on the BBC's The One and Only show back in January last year.

Her party guests included actor, magician and screenplay writer Leon Metcalfe and Angelina Joly look-a-like Sienna Taylor. Leon, as it turned out, has recently starred as the mentor character Terry in a stage-based version of Boy A, written by my mate Jonathan Trigell. Small world, full of coincidences eh?!

For the event organisers out there, both Evelyne and Sienna Taylor are available to hire as Madonna or Angelina-alikes. Check out Sienna's website here .

Evelyne's latest project is Mad-on-a-Brink . It sees the material girl writing comedy including a parody of Madonna's 1992 hit 'This used to be my Playground'. Check out the video for 'This used to be my Husband' below. I'm happy to pass on all comments and feedback.

No comments: