Saturday 7 June 2008

Getting excited about experiential


On 25 June, I'll be chairing a one-day conference on experiential marketing. The Excite conference takes place at the Exhibiting Show, Earls Court. Both the exhibition and seminar sessions are free but you do need to register as places are limited. This is the line-up:

Wednesday 25 Jun 2008
10:00 - 10:45
The Ten Commandments Of Experiential Marketing

10:45 - 11:30
The Best of Both Worlds: Harnessing The Power Of Online And Live Experience

12:00 - 12:45
Experiential Roadshows: The 10 Things You Need To Know Before You Hit The Road

12:45 - 13:30
Experiential Marketing In Fifth Gear: What Other Brands Can Learn From Bringing Car Marques To Life

14:30 - 15:15
Hitting All The Right Notes: Engaging Brand Advocates Through Music

15:15 - 16:00
Everything's Possible: How To Unlock London’s Secrets For Event Planners

16:00 - 16:45
Focusing On The Future: An Eventia Panel Discussion On Key Event Trends

After helping to bring together the speakers and programme, I was asked to do my bit for the promotion of the sessions. This resulted in myself and event director John Sanders being interviewed on camera by Events Review. I've only ever done a small number of pieces to camera and I confess, it's never something I've been comfortable with. After cringing all the way through the resulting footage, I can say it's an improvement on the ones I've attempted in the past. I guess practice does have its merits but I'll still always prefer to be the interviewer rather than the interviewee. The full video can be seen here. I start cringing around the 2 minute, 35 second mark.

No comments: